To make Dill paratha's :
1.5 cups Wheat flour
1/2 cup chopped Dill leaves
1/4 cup Milk
1/2 tbsp Ajwain
1/2 tsp Jeera and Coriander powder
Salt to taste
1) Mix all the ingredients together to form a non sticky dough. Add water if required. Let the dough rest for sometime.
2) I rolled them as per directions given in Asha's blog.
Served them hot with bhindi masala.
Bhindi's are not usually available here. If we are lucky we get few tender bhindi from the imported section. When ever I buy bhindi I make only my tried and tested recipe so as to not to fail. This time I decided to make something other than my usual recipe and made this. I just added ingredients as I felt like with no specific recipe in mind and the outcome was really good.
Here is what's needed:
Fresh tender okra -20
2 medium Onion - Sliced
1 medium Tomato - chopped
1/2 tsp jeera
1/2 tsp Cumin and Coriander powder
1 tsp red Chilli powder
1/4 tsp Amchur powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Garam masala
Salt to taste
Oil 1 tbsp
1) Wash and pat dry the okra. Slice the okra into long pieces.
2) Heat oil and shallow fry the okra until brownish and crisp. Keep it aside. This prevents the end result from turning into gooey mixture.
3) In the same pan heat 1 tsp oil. Add cumin seeds when they splutter add in the onions. Fry until they turn gloden brown. Add in tomato's and cook until mushy.
4) Add in all the powders and stir for a minute before adding the fried bhindi. Saute well until masala is uniformly distributed.
5) Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.