Coming to this Pulao, I have tried a lot of times but could never recreate that dish as he makes it. Last time when I met him he gave me the exact ingredients and it came out perfect. We both loved it. Only change that I made was he makes use of fresh Garam masala but I used store brought one.
Here is what's needed:
1 Cup Vermicelli (I used Bambino)
1/2 cup veggies like Carrot,Beans sliced thin
handful of green Peas (I used frozen)
1 big Onion sliced lengthwise
2-3 green Chilli's slit
1 small Tomato chopped fine
2 Garlic cloves crushed
6-7 Curry Leaves
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Garam masala powder
1" Cinnamon stick
Salt to taste
Oil for seasoning
Finely chopped Coriander leaves for garnishing
1) Dry Roast Vermicelli on a medium heat until they turn golden brown and transfer it to a plate. 2) Boil the veggies until 3/4th done. Drain the water to prevent further cooking. Do not throw this water it can be used to cook the vermicelli. Measure the water and add more water if needed to make it 2 cups of water. Keep it to boil.
3) Take some oil in a Kadai. When hot add crushed Garlic, fry for a min. Add chopped Onion with little salt and fry until it turns golden brown. Transfer them to a seperate plate.
4) In the same kadai add little Oil. Add Mustard seeds. When they splutter add Curry leaves + green Chilli + Cinnamon stick . When the colour of green chilli changes add tomato. Fry it well. Add turmeric powder + Garam masala powder+ Salt.
5) Add the roasted Vermicelli and 2 cups of boiled water. Mix in the veggies too and give it quick stir. Check for Salt and cook covered on medium flame until done.
6) Just before you switch it off add fried Onion and chopped Coriander leaves and mix well. Let it sit for min. Switch off and serve hot.
P.S: You can add cashews to enhance the taste. Even Beetroot can be added to make it colourful.